Bishop Selwyn Chapel Dedication Stone

On the 15th of August in 2014, His Grace, The Most Reverend and Right Honourable Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury, dedicated the foundation stone for the Bishop Selwyn Chapel, and The Right Reverend, Ross Bay, Bishop of Auckland, turned the first sod.

This week the foundation stone was installed into the floor of the Chapel. It sits beneath the foundation stone for Holy Trinity Cathedral, which was laid by The Right Reverend John Simpkin, Bishop of Auckland, in 1957.  The Cathedral foundation stone is in the back wall of the Chapel, behind the High Altar of the Chancel, and rests on a stone from Lichfield Cathedral, UK.

20151211_121602
The Chapel Foundation Stone in situ in the floor beneath the Cathedral Foundation Stone
20151211_121428
The Bishop Selwyn Chapel Foundation Stone
IMG_4918
The Bishop Selwyn Chapel Foundation Stone being tiled into the Chapel floor, December 2015

 

 

Advertisements